Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Interviews, Interviews, Interviews

I have certainly had my fair share of interviews lately.  I wanted to make sure that I updated you guys on my interview from last Thursday.  I think that it went really well, but I am not hopeful about getting a day position.  The interview was for a neuro unit (stroke and brain injury patients mostly).  It is a new unit that is opening in February.  It is a very small unit (only six beds).  They are hiring five nurses for day shift and five for night shift.  They have already offered two nurses two of the daytime positions and still have to interview several internal employees (who have seniority) for the other slots. 

Today I had an interview with a nurse manager on a medical surgical floor.  She was very energetic and I really liked her.  She only has one opening for a day position and four openings for night positions.  She has already offered someone the day position, but the person has not responded yet.  So again, I'm not optimistic about it.  However, there were several other things that would make this job do-able.  They allow self scheduling, so I would be certain to have a schedule that worked for me, and I would be able to get days off that I needed without taking actual vacation days off.  I would also be able to schedule my shifts back to back, so that if I did have to work nights I wouldn't be having to adjust every other day.  They also have an every third holiday rotation instead of every other holiday rotation which means I have to work fewer holidays!  And they also have 42 beds and many more employees so it would most likely not take as long to move to day shift.

Both said that I would most likely not hear back until the end of this week or sometime next week, so now I am playing the waiting game! 

2 comments:

the cuthberts said...

praying for you!

Rachel Jones said...

praying!! Thanks for the update