Thursday, April 28, 2011

No News

I have the day off today so I thought I would get on and update the old blog.  Then I realized I really didn't have much to write about.  I haven't taken any pictures since my last blog either.  So I just got out my phone to take some pics of the boys.   Can't say they are really quality pics, but such is life. 




I had my first 12 hour shift yesterday and have to say that it wasn't as bad as I had imagined.  It was a really long time to be away from my boy (longest we've been apart yet.)  But, it didn't drag on and on like work sometimes can.  I stayed VERY busy and learned SO much.  I got to take out an arterial line, watch someone be intubated, see a foot that was half gone from gangrene, and lots of other exciting stuff.
I have the day off today, but have to work another 12 tomorrow.  Boo.  It has definitely been a hard adjustment and I can't say that we are fully adjusted yet.  Starting next week, though, I will only be working 3 days a week and home for 4. 
We took Rudy to meet his new baby sitter today.  She is a long time family friend and she does a really good job with the kids she watches.  He will just be going there one day a week, but I think he is excited about it.  He was in awe of all of the other kids and wanted to get down and play with them.  So, that was good to see!
We are going to be having a big weekend so you might not hear from me for a little while.  The youth group is doing the 30 hr famine, I am running the half marathon, my dad is coming in town, and we are going to be having a birthday party.  I'll make sure to take some pics at some point and update you all!


1 comment:

wolgie wranglers said...

what do you mean no news?? Praying for you as you adjust to these long days. By the way, Rudy was looking good in his Easter suit:)