Well, I finally broke down and bought a jogging stroller. I wasn't planning on getting one until next spring because you are supposed to wait until babies are six months old to use them. (Because they don't have good head control until then.) However, I've been walking for the past two weeks and the stroller from our travel system just isn't doing the job. I really like that stroller, but it has plastic wheels instead of rubber so it makes for a really bumpy ride for the dude. Also, the tread is already completely worn off from the twenty miles I have put on it. I will still keep it in the car and use it for things like shopping and gong to the Dr. But I really needed something more for exercise-type walking. I did some research and decided to get this stroller....
It's the Schwinn Turismo. It's a pretty good middle-of-the-line jogging stroller. I really wanted a BOB, because they are the cream of the crop, but I couldn't justify spending 400 bucks on a stroller. This stroller has a swivel front wheel that locks into place for running (I wasn't sure if I wanted this feature or not, but am really glad that I decided to get it.) It also has thicker tires so it can go over any terrain. The really nice thing about it is that I can put the carseat into the stroller so I can go ahead and use it for walking now. Most jogging strollers require you to buy a special car seat adapter (for an extra fifty bucks). Plus, I got a steal of a deal on it. I found some online promo codes and free shipping so I got it for about forty dollars less than the original price! I ordered it two days ago and my favorite Fed Ex guy delivered it today. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see him because I was changing Rudy's diaper in the nursery. We have ordered a few things online over the past few months and he is the guy that has delivered all of them. He is honestly the happiest delivery guy I have ever met. Anyhow, I got the stroller put together, but not in time to beat the heat for today. We are planning on taking a stroll tonight after it cools off a bit. Can't wait!

2 comments:
just catching up on your blog! we REALLY need a phone convo soon...I desperately wanted a BOB too, but just could justify it. And...my addy is 1721 canterbury place, lansing, mi, 48910--just in case you still need it. LOVE YOU!
R
"couldn't justify it" :-)
Post a Comment