Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thank You Grandpa.... and Paula Deen

My Grandpa is a bit of a gatherer.  He is always out in his garden or picking some kind of fruit, and when he picks, he picks enough for the whole town.  The pick of the week was peaches! I LOVE fresh peaches.  Grandpa picked three bushels of peaches a few days ago, so I got some of the harvest.  One of my favorite things to eat in the summertime is cobbler.  I found this recipe online and thought I would give it a shot last night.  It was super easy to make (except for peeling all of the peaches) and was pretty tasty.  It was a little cakey, and I prefer a crunchier cobbler.... but Josh liked it.  (Let's be honest, though.  There isn't much that Josh doesn't like.) Love you, honey!
Took forever to peel and cut all of those peaches.
Getting ready to bake.

Finished project!
Ready to dive in!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

remember when we made peach cobbler for house dinner? yours looks lots better, though!