Thursday, November 18, 2010

Blissful Agony

Today I went on my first post-baby run.  Well, technically, my first actual run of 2010.  That's sad because it's almost over.  I've been doing the 30 Day Shred for about two weeks now and decided it was time to up the ante a bit.  I actually do like the 30 Day Shred because it's only 20 minutes and I get a good strength workout, but it leaves a bit to be desired in the cardio department.  With it only being 20 minutes it makes it easy for me to actually do it everyday, but let's be honest, 20 minutes is hardly enough time working out if you really want to see good results.  My friend, Jessie, and I are running the Champaign half marathon at the end of April and she has inspired me to get back at it.  I actually ran about four miles, which I was pretty pleased about.  I wanted to stop after two but I made myself stick it out for four. It was agony near the end of the run, especially on my old decrepit knees.  But boy do I feel good now. That's what I love about running.  You always feel great after you do it.  And that is what I am thankful for today.... that blissful post-run feeling.

On another note, Happy Birthday RJC!! You are definitely on the wrong side of twenty now:)  I hope you and Ben are having a blast on your European adventures!!  Love you.