Today I am thankful for my church family. Josh works for a three point charge and until I had Rudy I had been alternating attending all three of the churches. None of the churches have any couples very close to our age either. The combination of those two factors left me feeling pretty disconnected from the church. After Rudy was born Josh and I decided that we wanted Rudy to really feel like he was part of a church body when he was growing up and to be able to attend Sunday school. So for the past couple of months Rudy and I have just been attending one of the churches every Sunday. We have also started attending Wednesday night Bible study (something I couldn't do before because I worked Wednesday nights.) I am really starting to feel connected to this congregation and am really starting to enjoy Sunday mornings again. Even though there aren't any people our age that attend this church I feel like there are a number of different people in the church that have really invested in our little family. Today we had an after-church luncheon (something we do once a month) and it was alot of fun. I made the coleslaw off of the recipe blog and everyone loved it. You guys should try it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So glad you are feeling more connected. that is great. love you!
Post a Comment