Hi friends! Sorry I missed a day of blogging! Yesterday was Grandma Smith's funeral. Afterwards we had a funeral dinner and then I hung out with family the rest of the afternoon. Then we went to Champaign for dinner, and by the time we got home it was time to put the little man down. By the time I was done putting him down I was ready to put myself down and didn't have the time or the energy to post what I wanted to post.
Yesterday I was thankful for several things including a beautiful funeral service, great food, laughs with family, and for all of the Veterans that have served our country. But I think that I was most thankful for the past six years with my hubs. Six years ago, yesterday, Josh asked me to be his "girlfriend." He prefaced the question by saying, "You don't have to answer right now, you can think about it." So I didn't. I let him sweat it out for a good hour or so before I answered him. I knew I was going to say yes; I'm pretty sure I already loved him at that point. But I was (slash am) a little bit ornery and love to give him a hard time. I eventually said yes, and we never looked back.
Here are a bunch of pictures from the first year we were dating. For your viewing pleasure!
 |
| This was on our way down to Atlanta. We weren't dating yet, but we had been talking on AIM alot. Haha. Not quite sure why he liked me at this point. |
 |
This was the first official date. (Slash double date with Kacia and Jibs... They weren't on a date.. but we sort of were.) |
 |
| This is from a Pick-a-date I took him on at Thanksgiving. We were making applesauce. |
 |
| Bowling. Look at that hair. |
 |
| Dodgeball Tournament. I made all those signs. |
 |
| I spent alot of time watching Josh play intramurals that year. This is after one of his basketball games. |
 |
| Valentine's Day. |
 |
| Valentine's cookies. Those were our nicknames for each other. |
 |
| A little co-ed Softball Jibberish in the spring. |
 |
| At the beach! Josh came to visit me that summer when I lived in Michigan with Ray. |
 |
| This is at the end of the summer, in Myrtle Beach, where Josh asked my dad if he could marry me. |
Love you, babe!
2 comments:
You two make me smile:)
:) :) why does ken always beat me to commenting?!
love the pics and sharing a bunch of lovely TU memories with you :)
Post a Comment