Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Provision

Today I am thankful for the way that God has provided for Josh and I (and now Rudy too.)  We certainly don't have everything we could ever want, but we have way more than we need. 
The summer of our first anniversary Josh and I lived in my grandparents camper in their backyard.  We honestly had like $300 in the bank and no jobs to speak of.  We always talk about how great that summer was.  It was so simple.  Now we live in a four bedroom home (that I am so thankful for) and I get exhausted trying to keep it clean.  In addition, I always find myself wanting more stuff to fill it with.  Currently on the wishlist are: a sectional, a flat screen t.v., an embroidery machine, and a kitchenaid stand mixer, and I'm sure tomorrow will bring an entire new list of wants.  But today I am thankful for all that I already have.  Sometimes we live paycheck to paycheck and sometimes we have a little extra to spend, but it seems like everytime we start to get ahead something comes along like a trip to the dentist (and being told you need six fillings and a crown... you heard me... my teeth are rotting out of my head), or the car breaks down, or those hospital bills are a thousand dollars more than you budgeted.  But it is amazing to me that everytime something like that happens we are taken care of, regardless of how much we make, or how much money is in the bank.  God provides for us. 

2 comments:

wolgie wranglers said...

Well said Sari. Hope you and Josh and little Rudy have a great Thanksgiving. (oh and my sis had cavity problems after pregnancy too...apparently it can have a negative affect on your teeth...sorry!)

Rachel Jones said...

awesome post. love you.