Today I am thankful that I am feeling better. I'm still not feeling "good", but I honestly felt like death yesterday.... and that's not hard to improve upon. It seems as if though my cold has moved from my head to my chest, which isn't necessarily good, but at least my head doesn't feel like it's going to explode anymore.
I had something rather interesting happen to me today. I decided I needed to get my teeth cleaned since it has been forever since I've been in for a cleaning. I called my regular dentist, who my husband thinks is a con-man, to schedule an appointment. He is a little bit pricey but he has been my dentist forever and I, unlike Josh, trust him and am comfortable with him. I asked how much it would be to have my teeth cleaned after I made the appointment and the receptionist said anywhere from 192-257 dollars, depending on what they do. I hung up a little bit confused and thinking, "My goodness, that is expensive for a teeth cleaning. I get fillings for that amount of money." My dad goes to a different dentist and he absolutely loves him. In fact, my Dad, Pam, and Liana all still come up here to go to the dentist, even though they have not lived within six hours of here in over seven years. Josh has been trying to get me to switch to that dentist for awhile now. So, I called them up to price a cleaning. They said it was only going to be $94 (without x-rays), so I made an appointment with them. I called back the other dentist to cancel my appointment and the receptionist asked if I wanted to move my appointment to a different time. I told her no, that the cleaning was more than I had anticipated, and that I didn't have the money to do it right now. This is where it gets weird. She said, "Oh that's funny because we were laughing after I hung up the phone with you, we actually have a special deal going for an adult cleaning and full set of x-rays for $59." (What in the world? That's like 75% off?) So I ended up keeping the appointment and now I have to call the other dentist back and cancel that appointment. Maybe my dentist is a con-man, but I might pull the "I don't have enough money right now" card every time if it gets me a cleaning and a full set of x-rays for $59. I'll take it how I can get it. So I get to get my teeth cleaned tomorrow. Yay! Pray that I don't have any cavities. I'm sure that I will though. I've only been to the dentist once in my entire life and not had a cavity, despite the fact that I do actually have excellent oral hygiene and have been off of sugary drinks for quite some time now. (I blame it on the fact that I grew up with well water instead of fluoridated city water.... but I digress.)
I can't believe it is almost Thanksgiving! Time truly does seem to move faster and faster the older I get.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
any dentist who uses the "if you were my child, i would certainly have this procedure done" line is a con man. he is nice...a nice money lover.
wow...interesting. the whole thing on switching the price does seem tricky though....
I feel you on the cavity thing....My teeth are bad too :(
Post a Comment