Saturday, November 20, 2010

It's Only 11:00 and What a Day I've Already Had.

3:15 a.m.: Rudy wakes up.
3:45 a.m.: Rudy is already back asleep.
6:15 a.m.: I am still awake.
6:30 a.m.: Finally fall back asleep.
7:30 a.m.: Rudy wakes up again.
8:00 a.m.: Rudy is back asleep.  So am I.
9:30 a.m.: Rudy wakes up for the day.
9:50 a.m.: Rudy poops.
9:55 a.m.: Turn on teapot so it will be ready when I am done changing Rudy's diaper.  My throat is killing me.
10:00 a.m.: Certain Rudy is done pooping so I change his diaper. Unbutton the diaper. He starts to poop.  Pfew.  It stayed in there.  Give him another minute to finish his biz.  Open up the diaper.  Rudy pees on me.  Argh.  Try to clean up the pee.  Rudy projectile poops on me.  (I'm talking six feet across the room.)  Murphy tries to eat Rudy's poop.  Kick Murphy out of nursery.  Try to clean up projectile poop.  Rudy pees on me again.  Teapot starts whistling.  Crap.  Wrap Rudy in a towel and put him in his crib naked. (You're in time out young man.  Just kidding.)   Run and turn off the stovetop.  Go wash everything off.  Get Rudy cleaned up.  It's 10:25 by this point. 
10:30 a.m.: Finally make that hot chocolate. Sit on the couch.  Turn on the T.V.  Dirty Dancing is on.  Sweet.  Time to blog about it. 

Here's to hoping my day gets better! 

2 comments:

Rachel Jones said...

wow. so much to look forward to.
do you recommend the cloth diapers? is that what you are using exclusively now?

Elizabeth said...

i just laughed out loud reading this and my roommate is now wondering what i am reading. sounds like quite the day!